Wednesday 11 May 2011

Lamb Leg and Bunnies

 It is/was Easter time again.  Traditionally, my family heads into Chicago and the brother-in-laws of the Wood family cook up a storm.  They cook one of the meanest leg of lambs in the northern hemisphere.  Earlier this year, I had the experience of trying to cook a leg of lamb in the land of sheep and mountains.  I was able to bring my expertise to the table, no pun intended. 
 Madeline had her first Easter.  What can be better for a first Easter than to be dressed as a bunny rabbit.  The rabbit is looked upon fondly in the Bark household, which is in contrast with the Mt Cook area of New Zealand, where a war between bunnies and humans is brewing.  Mmmm brewing.  I suppose there are many good beers brewing in that area as well, but now I'm getting sidetracked.  Mum made a wonderful bunny cake for Madeline.  Funny enough, Madeline is the only one in the family who didn't eat it.  It served as my pre-birthday cake as well.  We'll just say that it didn't last for more than 2 days.  Of course, neither did the Tim Tams that I brought home.   
For the first time on Easter, we strolled on over to the Charlie Bark residence.  I can always count on my uncle to have some good Wisconsin brewed beers in his refrigerator.  I think Donna may have changed Madeline out of the bunny outfit, for fear of my uncles, who happen to enjoy rabbit stew and would fit in well in the Mt Cook area of New Zealand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment