Wednesday 5 October 2011

Thermal Wonderland

Visiting Taupo was pleasent. I played the roll of a standard tourist. I stayed the evening at a holiday park that had a hot spring. I had it all to myself. I enjoyed a nice beer and read a paper for work. The pay I didn't enjoy was getting out. It was cold and rainy and I didn't have a towel.

I made my way to another thermal site on the following day. This place consisted of a giant pool, the champagne pool. Extremely hot water flows into the pool. The water then flows down, what I like to call a river. The river had very shallow water and a weird consistency.

This place was fun to visit. There were numerous nationalities. Everyone had on their rugby support gear. I wonder if people just wore the same shirts everywhere they went throughout the World Cup. Maybe I was the only one. I did notice that people tried to stay clear of me. I dose this can be attested to my smell.

I know I've mentioned the story multiple times, but the best part was that everyone kept putting their fingers into the boiling water to see if it was hot. The first guy did it and said, "wow, that is hot." I laughed out loud. I saw this happen two other times and heard the same thing in other languages.  Maybe they should give out burn kits when returning from the tour of the thermal area.   

1 comment:

  1. Thought we taught you better. Cleanliness is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete