Tuesday 12 April 2011

Staff Housing

My new home, at least temporarily.  It's at the Monash Clayton campus.  The building looks like a brick bunker.  I'll try to share a photo later.  I don't know what bathrooms are like in typical bunkers, but mine is a bit of a tight squeeze.  When I sit on the toilet my leg knocks off the toilet paper roll, even when I sit a little sideways.  A little shimmy is required to get to the sink and the shower door won't open fully, as the toilet is in the way.  Otherwise, it's actually a pretty nice bathroom, with beautifully painted concrete block walls.      
Here is the bedroom, which really is part of the kitchen, bathroom , and entranceway.  There are some nice abstract art pieces along the wall, which keeps with the room's motel motif.   
The kitchen is actually fairly nice.  Please notice the Mac and Cheese box!  It's about 5x the cost and the box is a little weird in shape, but it's nice to actually be able to buy Kraft Mac and cheese.   I have my fire blanket on the wall, in case my food gets a little too warm, and if the fire burns through the blanket, there is a fire extinguisher right next to the bathroom.. 

All in all, it isn't too bad.  It's just very far away from work in a suburb that lacks in excitement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment