Wednesday 27 April 2011

The Fun House

 I moved into a new place and moved out of the bunker.  The new place is in St Kilda and is a pretty good size for me.  It's a little weird walking into a scary clown mouth to get into the new place and the power bill is a little expensive to keep the outside lit up all night, but you can't beat the location.  Actually the place I'm referring to is a theme park near my new place.  It is a little startling to walk by the place at night.  Luna Park seems to be like one of those abandoned amusement parks that you'd see on Scooby Doo.  I just tried to keep away from Mr. Jenkens and the Carnie Ghost of Tasmania.    
 I did find a wonderful place by the beach and also very near Alfred Lake.  It's a 20-30 minute walk to work.  Following in Mike Seaver's (Growing Pains) footsteps, I found a nice place above the garage, as pictured on the left.  I'm 1 house away from the beach.  I think it's time to buy a kite board.          
The leaves were just starting to change as I left for the U.S. for a conference and to see my new niece, Madeline.  I live on the street pictured on the right.  The problem is that there is a wonderful smelling restaurant on the corner.  It's not very conducive for suppressing my hunger until I have time to cook dinner.  Domino's pizza is a few doors down from there.  I just need to find a good local bottle shop and I will be set.    

1 comment: