Sunday 20 May 2012

The Tasmania Conclusion

 After Port Arthur, it was time to get back into the wilderness and some National Parks.  I headed north toward the Maria Island port.  The entire island is a National Park and there is camping!  There are also sea cliffs, so it seemed quite appealing.  So, I drove into Triabunna around 4 something... 15-30 minutes after the last ferry for the day.  The next day was almost booked up and the the return ferry would have pushed me past my flight.   
I suppose these are the vacation problems when one flys by the seat of one's pants.  Luckily,there are multiple great National Parks in Tasmania.  I headed to Freycinet National Park, which was absolutely beautiful.  I arrived there just after dark and setup camp.  Some possums tried to come eat my noodles, but I wouldn't have it and decided to take them down to the rocky beach.  It was a beautiful night.  I climbed a mountain the next day... because that's what I do.  It was very beautiful.  The climb started out like Stone Mtn in Atlanta, but got much steeper near the end.  It certainly would be impossible in the rain.  The view on top was well worth it.  I ate some snickers, figured out how to work my phone camera, and then headed back to Hobart to catch my flight back to Melbourne. 

1 comment: