Tuesday 1 May 2012

Bad David Kill Camera

I made my way over to the east coast to the Tasman Peninsula.  It was a big National Park with sea cliffs, so I thought it would be a good a stop.  What I didn't realize is that very little of it is actually accessible by car.  I got there just in time to catch the sunset, which was magnificent, as it usually is in beautiful locations of nature.  As a complete aside, all info areas around here were actually just peoples' houses.  It was very confusing when I followed the information signs (the blue signs with the i).      
Anyhow, I managed to stop at all 3 point of interest sites in the NP within 30 minutes.  Unfortunately, a very sad and stupid incident occured at my last stop for the night.  I thought I would get a self-portrait... because mum likes those.  Being the shy guy that I am, I didn't ask anyone to take the picture.  So, I setup my camera on a railing, which had a nice flat place for cameras.  The bad part is that the wind was blowing pretty well.  I thought... hmmm.. my camera could blow off.  Bah, let's do it anyhow.  Well.... please refer to photo.  I think it can be fixed by the manufacturer, but I still feel silly, when I had a inkling for what would happen. 

Then, it was time to find a place to sleep.  I thought about finding a hotel... but eh.  I love the outdoors... and admittingly, I'm a cheap man.  I am what I am.  So, I found a remote location in the park that had nearby tourist attractions.  I stopped the car and took a look around to see if I should setup camp.  To sum up what this area was, was that it was a parking lot, with some sand and a short footpath that leads to another tourist attraction site.  The point it is that it wasn't really a proper place to camp.  Finally, I gave up on that spot as tourists began walking around.  I didn't want to seem like too much of a bum.  So, I drove into the most remote dirt roads of the park and found a nice spot next to a dumped refrigerator and furniture.  It actually was a fairly nice spot... other than the trash.  

1 comment:

  1. Mum does enjoy those pictures of son, especially since he is so far away. So does grandmum and grandpa. Didn't mean to jinx a mishap.

    ReplyDelete