Wednesday 27 June 2012

Crusading

Wow, so much has been going on.  I feel like I haven't had any time to update this blog.  I'll try to fastforward my devoted readers through the past couple of months.  I headed to Christchurch in May, which was the first time in a long time.  Ironically, one of my friends from there was training in Melbourne to be a flight attendent for Jetstar, and we somehow ended up on the same flight. 
The downside to that was that the 3 hour flight left at midnight and arrived at 5am.  The trip was a bit of a whirlwind.  I headed to the mountains during my first day... of course.  I hiked up Avalanche Peak with a friend.  It was an amazing day for the mountains (then again, all days are great for that).  Then we raced back to meet old friends for a brew. I forgot how much I enjoyed New Zealand beer. 
However, I started to notice that my beer is actually starting to taste better than some of my favorites, which I attribute to the fact that I brewed it and also that it's a little fresher.  Freshness makes a big difference.   On the next day, I headed to a rugby game to watch my favorite team, The Crusaders.  Oddly enough, I followed that up later that week with another Crusaders game in Melbourne.  I have to say that the beer they served in Christchurch for the game was great and better than what I got in Melbourne. 

No comments:

Post a Comment