Thursday 25 August 2011

The Paddywagon

The police vehicles of Melbourne consists of vans, stationwagons, and the standard car.  As opposed to the New Zealand police, the Victoria, Australia police do carry firearms.  However, I've been told that if they actually do pull their gun, it is very serious business and someone will be shot, as opposed to the threatening tactic that the U.S. officers use.  However, I have trouble taking the officers seriously when they drive around in a stationwagon.  They have a little door on the back of the wagons where the criminals go.  It just makes me think back to my childhood, when my cousins and I would enjoy facing out the back of the stationwagon while riding.  There's just something about facing the wrong way in a car.  Another amusing factor, at least as an American, is that the police have to deliver tickets in person.  If one moves around a lot, it's very hard for them to track one down. 

1 comment:

  1. They're coming to take you away, ha, ha, they're coming to take you away...

    ReplyDelete