Monday 8 August 2011

Me want cookie!

After doing my climb around Mt Cook, I headed make down for a nice hot bowl of soup and some beer.  I found a place to stay in a Backpacker, which is a Australian/New Zealand version of a hostel.  Then I headed to visit some friends that live in Mt Cook village.  My one friend brews his own beer, so I gained tips while we did a New Zealand beer taste test.  I came back to their place for breakfast.  The one friend is a pastry chef!  mmm very good breakfast. 
Well, then it was time to head out of Mt Cook, as the area started to look like a winter wonderland... and they do close Mt Cook Village road on a regular basis.  So, I headed back to Christchurch and had some beers with another friend.  What can I say, I like NZ beer.  I headed outside, after waking up at 2:30 am to catch my cab to the airport.  I had the opportunity to sight-see at the airport until 10:30 am. 

It was time for another night in Christchurch.  I spent a good portion of the day trying to catch up on sleep.  Then, I headed out to go get more beer.  One that I really enjoyed is 8 Wired Batch 18.  Imperial Stouts are delicious.  This particular was 12.5% alcohol.  I was drunk before I finished the bottle.  However, 8 Wired does a great job of brewing and this was the best 12.5% beer that I have ever had.  Anyhow, I consumed a few more and had a little party.  Luckily I managed to get out of Christchurch on the following day.  No more mountains :(  However, I did find a bottle shop in Melbourne that has Batch 18!!!  I am the winner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment