Monday 28 March 2011

Goodbye Staff Club :(



Something would look forward to every week, is the staff club on Fridays.  The earthquake caused serious damage to the staff club and so it has been closed since February 22nd.  We started a new staff club at my second favorite pub, Pomeroys.  What make a pub great to me?  Good beer!!  Good people and atmosphere help too.  So where should I hold my going away party?  Pomeroys of course.  I thought the best going away party for me would just be a standard Friday staff club experience.  It was sad to say goodbye to everybody, but at the same time it was a lot of fun.   
 
I’ve met some great people since arriving in New Zealand and they will be sorely missed.  Sarah made an extraordinary gesture, creating a generous tab for the evening.  I had some of my favorite beers from New Zealand:  Hopwired, Oyster Stout, and Sister Gina.  You can also never fail with a 3 boys IPA.  I also had the pleasure of having some crackling (I think that’s the word).  It’s the end of an era for me, no longer having the staff club experience every Friday.  I can only hope that something half as good exists at Monash, my next destination.     

No comments:

Post a Comment