Saturday 25 August 2012

Sick

It's strange to see snow when living in a place where it never snows.  I had a window seat on my flight to New Zealand and was watching a Pink Floyd documentary during the flight.  It's rare that I fly with the fancy airlines that have enetertainment seats.... but I got a good deal on the tickets.  Anyhow, every time I'd glance outside, I'd notice the clouds. Finally, on one glance, I realized that the clouds were actually New Zealand.     

It's interesting how skiing seems to be more fun with the more people that go.  I received some good ski lessons from one of the members of the group.  I learned what not to do from another member... who crashed into a child.  Don't worry, no children were harmed... badly. 
As a complete aside, I'm always fascinated by the edge of a mountain range, or the top of volcanos.  The horizon consists of flat land, which isn't scenery that I'm used to on top of a mountain.  I would say that it hads some nice contrast to the mountainous landscape.  

No comments:

Post a Comment