Thursday 17 November 2011

Handlebars

It's been awhile since I've provided an update on life in Melbourne.  It is summer now and I've been getting out to the beach more since it's a little warmer.  The late sunset also allows me to go to the beach after work, while it's still light outside, assuming I don't choose to work late.  It's a great opportunity to read a book or journal article. 
 The other beauty of the beach is that I'm allowed to bring alcohol... at least until 8pm.  Suffice it to say, I'm not the only one that takes advantage of this. 
The other big activity for November is Movember.  The idea is to raise awareness for Men's health, particularily in regards to prostate cancer and depression.  I've tried to spur conversations at lunch and have put up mustache pictures with information on men's health in the caption in Facebook.  I have also created a Mospace page : http://au.movember.com/mospace/1456382 to get donations for research and awareness.  Surprisingly, I have actually started to raise some money.  Also, it's a great excuse to grow a mustache.  I'm halfway through the month.  We'll see if it's long enough to wax and curl in December.  Here's hoping.   
 


1 comment: