Thursday 16 June 2011

Work Part 1

 Since it is difficult for most of you to come visit me at work, I decided to provide a flavor of what goes on.  This is part 1 of _ parts.  First we have the whiteboard on the left.  This is in one of the hallways.  I would like to have everyone guess what part of the board I wrote on.  Also, I've noticed that what I have put on the board has remained on the board for about a month.   I am curious to see if it will be there, still, when I move onto my next job.  I think the problem is that the board is right next to the tea ("break") room.  Most people I know are not interested in focusing on work on the way to/from or in such a room. 
 Next we have the conference room. I spend every Wednesday and Friday morning here.  Fridays are from 8:30-12.  I sit in the back right corner.  I tried to change up seats, each week, defying conformity, but I got strange looks from people.  It is obvious that everyone has chosen seats.  When I was sitting in "someones" seat, the humor for the morning was to have everyone sit in a new seat.  It's a sad life that researchers live.  I've always wondered why everyone picks a seat and stays there for classes, conferences, etc..  I personally like to change up the scenery.
Lastly, back to the tea room.  This is the view from the tea room.  Unfortunately in Melbourne, the view is not typically a sunny day.  However, when ti is clear out, it is absolutely beautiful.  The other side of the building has a limited view of the ocean.    None of the windows open, not even in my office.  I think they do that to deter unsatisfied researchers from escaping.  I've been thinking about breaking my window and throwing out a rope to ab-sail/rappel down every night (I'm on the 6th floor).  Work would be so much fun, and I would be so much more efficient at leaving my office.  

No comments:

Post a Comment