Thursday 12 July 2012

burs

After visiting Christchurch, I took a 3 day week, while taking the Friday off to go to the Melbourne Beer Spectapular.. part of Melbourne beer week.  If I remember right, it was ~60 beers on tap, but if you are feeling spunky and want to call me out on that number, you can count the taps in the picture.  There were some interesting brews.  One beer was flavored with rose pedals... another with chili peppers, and one tasted like the warhead candies.  While, interesting, I have to say that my favorites were some of the classic styles.  My absolute favorite was a Simcoe Imperial IPA by Liberty Brewing in NZ.  Each brewery was supposed to submit an original beer that they don't sell commercially... at least not as of the event.  Anyhow, whenever you're looking around and think hmmm this may taste good in a beer... I say try it.. but be warned that you may not get many takers on that style.  Barley and hops remain the #1 ingredients ni my book... with maybe a touch of wheat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment